Annoying firefox extension corruption

Recently i discovered that on a Win XP box the noscript add-on within Firefox 3.5.6 had stopped working. I tried several things to solve this issue, without any succes:

– Reinstalling the add-on
– Recreation of profile using “firefox -profilemanager”
– Even purging and reinstalling firefox form scratch

After several days I stumbled upon:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_Uninstall_Extensions#Corrupt_extension_files

Close Firefox and delete the following files from the profile dir:

  • extensions.cache
  • extensions.ini
  • extensions.rdf

It helped me out. I even discovered that I had to delete these extention files every time I installed a new extention(!) Very odd if you ask me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*